Ham and Cheese Rolls with Caramelized Pineapple and Onions
Rolls filled with ham, melted swiss cheese, and caramelized pineapple and onions in a tasty sweet and spicy sauce.
- For the caramelized pineapple and onions:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onions, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple, sliced
- For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon grainy Dijon mustard
- For the rolls:
- 1 1/2 packages of crescent roll dough
- 4 ounces of ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces of swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
Preparation time 10mins
Adapted from closetcooking.com
For the caramelized pineapple and onions:
Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the onions and saut√© until light caramelized, about 10 minutes, before adding the pineapple and saut√©ing for another 5 minutes and setting aside.
For the sauce:
Heat everything in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar has meted and everything is mixed well.
For the rolls:
Unroll the dough in a single rectangle, top with the slices of ham and swiss, sprinkle on the onions and pineapple, roll the dough up, slice it into 12 and place them in a large greased baking pan.
Pour the sauce over the rolls and sprinkle on the poppy seeds.
Bake in a 350F/180C oven until the dough is a lightly golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
Option: Use a pizza crust or a package of puff pastry instead of the crescent roll dough.
You'll also love
- One Pan Chicken with Lime, Rice &... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Christmas Rib Roast 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Upside Down Cake 4.4/5 (11 Votes)
- Creole Meatloaf with Tomato Gravy 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple, Cheddar and Spinach Salad... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Grilled Pineapple Chicken Sandwich 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cantaloupe and Pineapple Jello... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- French Onion Soup with Bourbon and... 4.4/5 (17 Votes)