Cranberry Lemon Loaf
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt or sour cream
- zest from 1 lemon plus juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar (for glaze)
- 2 tsp lemon juice (for glaze)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. grease loaf pan; set aside.
2. In a small bowl whisk together yogurt, zest, lemon juice (from 1 lemon), and vanilla, set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. Using a stand mixer or electric mixer, add butter and sugar to the bowl and cream together until combined; about 2 minutes at high speed. Add eggs, one at a time, combining well after each egg. Slowly add half of the flour mixture, and mix at a slow speed (or you will have a mess all over!), then add ½ of the yogurt mixture and mix until just combined. Add remaining flour mixture and combine; add remaining yogurt mixture and mix until just combined.
4. Remove bowl from stand mixer, add in 1 ½ cups of cranberries (half of the total amount), and fold gently to combine.
5. Pour batter into loaf pan. Cook for 50-60 minutes, testing with a toothpick starting at 50 minutes. When it comes out clean, bread is done.
6. Allow to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
7. In a small bowl add confectioners sugar, and slowly add lemon juice while mixing with a fork. When the glaze is moist and thick, you have enough lemon juice, you don’t want to add too much. 8. Drizzle over the top of the bread and cut into slices.
You'll also love
- Cooking Light Beef Stroganoff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crockpot potato soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Valerie Bertonelli's Buttered... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Holiday Cherry Cheese Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blackberry Dumplings 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Tilapia 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Keylime Pie $5.50 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Cookie Bars 0/5 (0 Votes)