Grilled Chicken Salad With Greens And Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 cup olive oil plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olivada
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves with skin
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1 bag mixed baby greens - (4 1/2 to 5 oz)
- 1 small fresh fennel bulb cored, sliced thin
- 1/2 large head radicchio thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced red onion
- 12 fresh figs quartered, (optional)
- Toasted pine nuts
Whisk 1/2 cup oil, vinegar, olivada and garlic in small bowl to blend; season with salt and pepper. Place chicken in 8- by 8- by 2-inch dish; sprinkle with thyme. Pour 1/2 cup dressing over chicken; turn to coat. Whisk 2 tablespoons oil into remaining dressing in small bowl. Cover chicken and dressing separately; chill at least 4 and up to 6 hours, turning chicken occasionally.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Bring dressing to room temperature. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
Combine greens, fennel, radicchio and onion in large bowl; toss with remaining dressing. Mound on 4 plates. Slice chicken breasts lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Arrange atop salads. Garnish with figs, if desired, and pine nuts.
This recipe yields 4 servings.