Crêpes du jour with Monterey Jack
Rate this recipe 5/5 (2 Votes)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb (450 g) chicken breasts or thighs, cut into strips
- 1 1/4 cups (310 mL) tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) 15% or 35% cooking cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 8 large (7") homemade or stored-bought crepes (or use phyllo)
- 6 oz (180 g) Canadian Monterey Jack, grated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
In a deep skillet, melt butter on medium heat and brown onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
Add chicken strips and cook until browned.
Add tomato sauce, salsa and cream. Season with salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil and let simmer for 7–10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook asparagus in salted boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain.
Spread crepes out on work surface, then divide chicken and asparagus among crepes.
Roll up crepes and place in a lasagna dish.
Pour the sauce over crepes and sprinkle with Monterey Jack.
Brown in the oven, then garnish with cilantro and serve.
Review this recipe