Quick and easy King Arthur Coffee Cake
- 1 1 package King Arthur scone mix
- 2 2 tablespoons (7/8 ounce) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (depending on the scone flavor)
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) milk
Start by measuring 3/4 cup of the scone mix into a small bowl. To this, add the sugar, cinnamon, and melted butter. Stir until the mixture becomes crumbly. This will be the topping; set it aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the remaining mix with the salt, vegetable oil, egg, and milk. Pour the batter into a lightly greased 9" x 9" square cake pan, and sprinkle with the topping.
Bake the coffeecake on the middle rack of a preheated 350°F oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the middle springs back when lightly touched with your finger, and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.