Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 slice white sandwich bread - crust removed
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 12 oz. ground turkey - white and dark meat
- 1/4 cup Parm cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. EVOO
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- 1 head escarole (about 1 lb.), chopped
1. Roughly tear bread and combine with milk in small dish - set aside.
2. Combine turkey, cheese, onion, garlic, salt, pepper. Mash up bread mix and add to turkey mix. Mix gently. Roll into small balls - about 3/4" - cover and refridgerate about 1 hour.
3. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic, saute 1 min. Add broth and wine - bring to a boil. Stir in ditalini - cook 5 min., stirring often. Reduce heat to med-low, add meatballs and escarole, simmer 5 min. or until meatballs and pasta are just cooked through. Serves 6.