Cheddar-crusted perogies and veggies
- 2 lb (1 Kg) store-bought frozen perogies,your choice of flavour
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 8 oz (240 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 8 oz (240 g) baby spinach
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) 15% cooking cream
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sodium-reduced vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chives, chopped
- 6 1/2 oz (185 g) Canadian Medium Cheddar, grated
Cook perogies in salted boiling water according to instructions on packaging.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt half the butter and cook garlic and onion until translucent. Add mushrooms and bell pepper and cook for a few minutes more. Add spinach, salt and pepper and reserve in an oven-safe dish.
In the same skillet, melt remaining butter and brown the cooked and drained perogies.
Add cream, broth and chives.
Bring to a boil and transfer to the oven-safe dish.
Stir to mix perogies and vegetables.
Sprinkle with cheese, and brown in the oven.