Asian Style Fried Rice and Beans
Fat: 6 g
Carb: 65 g
Fiber: 10 g
Protein: 10 g
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and sliced or 8 oz can pineapple slices
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15 oz can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup basil
- 1 lemon, halved
1. Quarter pineapple slices. In a 12 inch nonstick skillet, heat 2 ts of oil over medium heat. Add pineapple; cook about 2 mins per side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
2. Pour remaining 1 tsp oil into hot skillet. Add carrots, cook, stirring frequently, for 5 mins or until just tender. Add garlic and ginger; cook 30 seconds.
3. Stir in brown rice, chickpeas, and peas. Add soy sauce. Cook and stir about 4 mins or until heated through. Stir in basil. Reurn pineapple to pan.
4. To serve, squeeze lemon over all. Top with basil, if desired.