Sweet and Spicy Spareribs
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 4 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 bottle (12 oz) chili sauce
- ( I like Las Palmas Red)
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
1. Cut ribs into 3-4 rib portions. Place ribs in large sauce-pot. Add enough water to cover ribs. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
2. Prepare grill according to manufacturer's directions. Oil grid. Place large piece of heavy duty aluminum foil over coals to catch drippings, allowing space around sides and poking holes in foil so as not to block heat completely.
3. While ribs are simmering, make sauce. In small bowl combine all ingredients, stirring until well blended. Drain ribs well and carefully pat dry with paper toweling.
4. Place ribs on grid and brush with sauce. Cover grill and cook about 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing several more times with sauce, until ribs are fully cooked and browned.
5. Bring any remaining sauce to boil over hi heat for 1 minute. Serve with ribs