Frozen White Chocolate Grasshopper Mousse Pie
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 22 chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 ounces good-quality white chocolate chopped (such as Bakers or Lindt)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons green crème de menthe
- 2 tablespoons light crème de cacao
- 3/4 cup chilled whipping cream
- Shaved white and dark chocolates
For Crust: Spray 9-inch-diameter glass or ceramic pie dish with nonstick spray. Finely grind chocolate cookies and sugar in processor. Blend in butter. Press crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared dish. Freeze.
For Filling: Combine milk and salt in heavy small saucepan. Bring to simmer. Whisk egg yolks and cornstarch in medium bowl to blend well. Gradually whisk in hot milk mixture. Return mixture to same saucepan. Stir over medium-low heat until mixture thickens, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat. Add white chocolate and butter; whisk until smooth.
Transfer custard to large bowl. Whisk in crème de menthe and crème de cacao. Set custard over another large bowl of ice water until cold and thick but not set, stirring often, about 30 minutes.
Whip cream in medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Stir 1/3 of whipped cream into custard. Fold in remaining whipped cream. Pour filling into crust. Freeze at least 5 hours or up to 2 days.
Garnish with shaved chocolates.
This recipe yields 6 to 8 servings.