Preheat oven to 375°F
- For the Oatmeal-Shortbread Crust
- 2 cup old fashioned rolled oats (divided)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 3 sticks unsalted butter (cut into cubes)
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 - 6 tablespoons cold water
- For the Strawberry-Lemonade Filling
- 12 ounces strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoon lemonade drink mix
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1 cups fresh strawberries (stems removed, hulled, coarsely chopped)
Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a square 9 X 13 inch non-stick cake pan with cooking spray. Place a piece of parchment paper inside the cake pan so that some paper hangs over the edges. Spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
In the base of a food processor, combine 1 1/2 cup of oats, flour, sugars, and salt until coarsely ground. Add the butter and vanilla and pulse to create a crumb. Gradually add in water and pulse until a dough forms.
Dump the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface. Divide the dough in half. Press half of the dough into the prepared pan. Place in the oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Crumble the rest of the oatmeal-shortbread dough into a mixing bowl and fold in remaining 1/2 cup of whole oats. Set aside.
Meanwhile, make the strawberry-lemonade filling
In a medium bowl, mix to combine the strawberry preserves, lemonade mix, and lemon juice. Add the strawberries and stir to combine. Set aside.
Spread the strawberry-lemonade filling onto the baked crust. Sprinkle remaining dough-oat mixture on top of the filling. Place in the oven to bake until golden brown on top, about 18-20 minutes.
Remove and let cool completely. The bars will set up as they cool.
Use the parchment paper to help lift the bars out of the baking pan. Cut into squares and serve.