Beef and Black Bean Chili
- 2 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped fine
- 2 poblano chilies, seeded, chopped fine
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, minced
- 1 1/2 T chili powder
- 2 T. ground cumin
- 4 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 7 oz. can fire roasted, peeled, chopped green chilis, undrained
- 2 14 oz. cans fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb. Camelia Brand Black Beans, rinsed and sorted
- 6-8 cups beef broth
- salt to taste
- Shredded cheese and sour cream for toppings
Saute the ground beef in a very large dutch oven over medium high heat until the meat is brown, stirring to break it up as it cooks.
Drain meat and return it to dutch oven.
Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add the poblano peppers, jalapeno, chili powder and cumin, stir thoroughly Cook until peppers soften slightly, about 3 minutes.
Add garlic, green chilis, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, black beans and 3 cups beef broth. Stir to combine.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and cook for 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally, until the beans are soft but not falling apart. Add additional broth as necessary.
Season with salt to taste. serve with toppings.
You'll also love
- Turkey Black Bean Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)