Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme (used ground)
- 2 slices swiss cheese cut into halves
- 4 slices virginia baked ham
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon parmesan shredded cheese
- 4 teaspoons margarine, melted
Place each chicken breast between 2 pieces of wax paper and pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
Spread mustard down center of each chicken breast, sprinkle with thyme.
Top each with a half slice of swiss cheese and a slice of ham.
Roll up chicken breast, tucking in ham and cheese to seal.
Secure with toothpicks or skewers.
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
Brush chicken with melted margarine and roll in the crumb mixture. Place in an 8 inch square baking pan. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake 20 minutes more or until chicken is cooked through Remove toothpicks before serving. I cook covered with foil.