Sweet Potato Puree
- 4 pounds orange-fleshed sweet potatoes peeled, and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt plus more, to taste
- 1 1/4 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sweet potatoes, the 2 teaspoon salt and water to cover the potatoes by 2 inches. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 20 minutes. Drain in a colander and transfer to a large bowl. Using a potato masher, mash the sweet potatoes well.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the half-and-half and maple syrup until hot. Remove from the heat. Add 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) of the butter to the sweet potatoes, then slowly pour in the hot half-and-half mixture while stirring with a wooden spoon. Continue to stir until the potatoes are light and creamy. Season with salt and white pepper.
Transfer the sweet potatoes to a warmed serving bowl and top with the remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Casserole Ruth Chris'... 4.4/5 (98 Votes)
- Fried Seafood Platter 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Passover French Toast With Concord... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Weakfish Roasted With Tomato And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Swordfish Baked In Horseradish... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek Pan-Fried Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Potato Pie 0/5 (0 Votes)