Our salmon fillets are ready for the oven in just five minutes. A hint of fresh green from chopped pistachios adds an instant gourmet finish.more
* Vegetable oil
* 4 salmon fillets, each about 8 oz (250 g), preferably 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick
* 3 tbsp (45 mL) each grainy Dijon mustard and pure maple syrup
* Generous pinches of salt and ground black pepper
* ¼ cup (50 mL) finely chopped pistachios
1. Preheat oven to 475F (240C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. If salmon is skinless, lightly spray or brush foil with vegetable oil. If skin is on salmon, do not oil. Place salmon skin side down on foil. In a small bowl, stir mustard with maple syrup, salt and pepper. Evenly spread mustard mixture overtop fish. 2. Roast in centre of preheated oven until a knife tip inserted about 1/2 inch (2 cm) into thickest parts of fish comes out warm. This will take 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and place fillets on warm dinner plates. For salmon with skin, insert a wide metal spatula between skin and flesh, leaving skin on foil. Gently press pistachios into coating on fish.