Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo
- 1 pound (480 g) boneless and skinless chicken breasts,cut into cubes
- 2 cups (500 ml) reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 cup (125 g) shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 oz (240 f) cooked fettuccine,warm
Adapted from yummly.com
In a slow cooker,combine cubed chicken,chicken broth,garlic and basil. Cover and cook on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
Stir in combined cornstarch and milk,stirring 2-3 minutes. Add shredded Parmesan cheese,stirring melted.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Remove cooked chicken with creamy sauce from slow cooker. Serve over cooked fettuccine.