Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 6 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, sliced into coins
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen egg noodles
Adapted from allrecipes.com
Place chicken, water, onion, carrots and salt and pepper to taste into a slow cooker. Add celery if using. Set temperature to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours.
When chicken is tender, remove from the slow cooker and shred or chop into bite-size pieces. Set aside in a small casserole dish to keep warm. Turn the slow cooker up to high heat and stir in the frozen egg noodles. Cook until noodles are tender then return the chicken to the broth. Adjust seasonings to taste.