I have made these with pistachios and they are amazing. Took some to work and had to share the recipe with everyone.
Thank you Jill Patricia for the picture
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup beehive golden syrup
- 1 3/4 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/4 cups small flake 20 minute oats
- 2 cups chopped dry roasted peanuts
- experiment with whatever type of nut you like best
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from food.com
Depending on the size of your oats; put through food processor and process down to make a small flake
Do not pulverize, keep in a small flake
Next chop peanuts (or which nut you choose to use); not too fine
Prepare a 10x6 inch pan (brownie pan) lightly prepare with butter or spray (I prefer parchment - easy to peel off)
In a saucepan add the peanut butter and corn syrup and bring to a low boil, stir well, then remove from heat.
Add chocolate chips, small oat flakes and nuts
Mix well until chocolate chips are melted and combined evenly
Pour into the prepared pan
Chill to harden, remove five minutes, then slice into bars.