Creamy Chocolate Frosting
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate chopped
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter - (1/2 stick)
- 1 package cream cheese - (8 oz) room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar
Stir chocolate and butter in heavy medium saucepan over low heat until melted and smooth. Cool to lukewarm.
Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add lukewarm chocolate mixture, then vanilla extract, beating until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating until well blended.
This recipe yields about 2 1/2 cups.