- Taco Shells:
- 1 1/2 c. cold water
- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. cornmeal
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 egg
- Enchilada Sauce:
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 2/3 c. water
- 1/2 c. chopped green pepper
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 can green chilies
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 1 med. onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper(s), chopped
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- Additional ingredient:
- Shredded mexican cheese
1) Mix all ingredients together and pour 1/4 cup of batter into a small skillet or crepe pan.
2) Once the batter begins to bubble and slightly brown, flip the shell and lightly brown the other side.
3) Layer each taco shell between a layer of wax paper.
1) Heat all ingredients to boiling, stirring occasionally.
2) Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes
1) Cook hamburger and onion until hamburger is brown
2) Add chopped jalapeno peppers when hamburger is almost brown
3) Turn off the heat completely, stir in sour cream
1) Preheat over to 350 F
2) Layer a 13x9 pan with enchilada sauce, roll each tortilla with meat mixture and put on top of the sauce. Then cover rolled tortillas with more enchilada sauce and shredded mexican cheese.
3) Bake @ 350 F for 20 minutes or until bubbly