Orange Spice Cake
CONNIE SIMON • Durand, Michigan
I like to serve slices of this gingerbread-like cake with
whipped topping, but it’s just as delicious plain.
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon each ground ginger and cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- Whipped topping, optional
1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, ginger,
cinnamon and cloves. Combine the orange juice, molasses,
oil and egg; add to dry ingredients and stir just until
combined. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
2. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Spoon marmalade over warm cake. Cool on a wire rack. Serve with whipped
topping if desired.