Tenderloin Spinach Spirals
MARLENE MUCKENHIRN • Delano, Minnesota
Here’s an elegant make-ahead dish that always gets
compliments. It’s nice for a summer buffet when grilling
for a crowd just doesn’t fit the bill.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach,
- thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 whole beef tenderloins (2-1/2 to 3 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. In a large, bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Set aside.
2. Cut each tenderloin horizontally from the long side to
within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open so meat lies flat; cover
with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/2-in. thickness; remove plastic wrap. Spread the spinach mixture over each tenderloin to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting a long side; tie at 1-in. intervals with kitchen string.
3. Place seam side down on a greased rack in a shallow
roasting pan; brush with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for
45-60 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness
(for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°;
medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes.
4. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Discard kitchen string;
cut into 1/2-in. slices.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (902 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)
- Secretly Healthy Spinach Dip aka... 4.5/5 (137 Votes)
- Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts 4.6/5 (128 Votes)