Spaghetti Squash Tater Tots with Maple Mustard
- 3 large russet potatoes (equals about 8 cups when grated)
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sir Kensington's Spicy Brown Mustard for dipping
Preparation time 90mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from shelikesfood.com
Report this ad
Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and boil potatoes until just fork tender, but with still a little give in the center. Drain potatoes and let cool, about 20 minutes.
While potatoes are boiling, cook the spaghetti squash. Cut the spaghetti squash in half, top to bottom. Scrap out the seeds. Use a metal spoon to scrape out the "meat" of the spaghetti squash. It will come out in small pieces and you should get about 3 cups worth. Heat a large pan over medium heat and add one teaspoon olive oil and the spaghetti squash. Cook spaghetti squash until tender, about ten minutes.
Once potatoes have cooled, carefully peel off the skins using a potato peeler. Grate each potato and place them in a large bowl. Add the cooked spaghetti squash and salt to the bowl and mix until everything is evenly combined, your hands will work best for this.
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and form the potato mixture into small cylinder shapes. You should get about 40-45 depending on how big you make them. You may also need to bake them in two batches depending on how big your baking sheets are.
Brush the top of each tater tot with a small amount of olive oil and sprinkle each one with salt. Bake tater tots until crispy and browned on the outside, about 50 minutes, flipping once.
Let tater tots cool and then dip them in Sir Kensington's Spicy Brown Mustard.
You'll also love
- Cream Cheese Sausage Balls 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cranberry Bread 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Cranberry Christmas Cake 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Kale and Edamame Salad 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Oven Roasted Potatoes 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cake Roll 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Taco Chili with Spaghetti Squash 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash with Bacon,... 4/5 (1 Votes)