Lemon Cranberrty and Pistachio Cashew Cheese Ball
The perfect addition to any holiday party spread! Serve with fresh veggie sticks, figs and brown rice crackers.
Recipe type: Appetizer, Spread, Side
Cuisine: Gluten-free, Vegan, Soy-free
Serves: 2 small, 1 large
- 3 cups Raw Cashews, soaked 2-4 hours*
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 3 tbsp Coconut Oil, solid
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Lemon Zest
- 1/3 cup Pistachios, crushed (to coat)
- 1/3 cup dried Cranberries, roughly chopped (to coat)
- Water, as needed to blend (1 tbsp max.)
- Pinch of Salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from theplantstrongvegan.com
Prep ahead by soaking your raw cashews in water, overnight is best but 2-4 hours is sufficient enough.
Measure and add everything into a food processor (minus the cranberries & pistachios), pulsing until smooth. Scrape down the sides as needed.
Scoop mixture into the center of plastic wrap and twist to form a ball. Chill for 1-2 hours. You can divide the cashew cheese into two for smaller portions.
Remove from the fridge and roll in a mixture of dried cranberries and crushed pistachios, until completely covered.
Cover again with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve.
Will keep for up to 7-10 days, wrapped and refrigerated.
You'll also love
- Crispy BAKED ‘fried’ chicken... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sausage Egg Casserole 5/5 (1 Votes)
- salad dressing - olive garden... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Kale/Chicory Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Banana Cream Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Peach Cobbler 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Foolproof Key Lime Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- BLUEBERRY LEMON CHEESECAKE SQUARES 5/5 (1 Votes)