Slow Cooker Stuffing with Mushrooms
Stuffing is easy to make with this basic recipe that includes mushrooms, that is slow baked in your slow cooker, so it doesn't take up space on your stove top or oven.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 12 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12 1/2 cups dry bread cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth, or vegetable broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 265mins
Melt butter or margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Cook onion, celery, mushroom, and parsley in butter, stirring frequently.
Spoon cooked vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl. Season with poultry seasoning, sage, thyme, marjoram, and salt and pepper. Pour in enough broth to moisten, and mix in eggs. Transfer mixture to slow cooker, and cover.
Cook on High for 45 minutes, then reduce heat to Low, and cook for 4 to 8 hours.
You'll also love
- Bacon Crackers 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- French Toast Breakfast Muffins 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chocolate Gingerbread House Petits... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cranberry Apple Jello Salad 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- Quick Julienned Vegetable Saute 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Applebee's Mexi-Ranch Dressing 3.8/5 (11 Votes)
- Chicken & Dressing - Instant Pot 4.1/5 (22 Votes)
- Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes 4.3/5 (15 Votes)