Cranberry-Orange Danish Puff
Great Holiday Baking Show
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Water
- 1 tsp. Fiori Di Sicilia extract
- Danish Puff:
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Water
- Dash of Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Almond Extract
- 1 tsp. Fiori Di Sicilia Extract
- Zest of one medium size orange
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 3 Large eggs
- Cranberry Topping:
- 2 c. Dried Cranberries Chopped
- 1 medium Orange
- 3 1/2 tbsp.Granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup Confectioners Sugar
- 4-6 tsp. water
Adapted from abc.go.com
1. Using a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour and salt.
2. Once well combined, add the water and mix until well combine and forms a ball.
3. On a lightly floured silicon sheet. Roll out the pastry to about 1/8” in thickness. Cut with oval cutter and transfer silicon sheet to baking sheet.
1. In a medium saucepan combine butter, water and salt to a simmer.
2. Once simmering add almond extract, stir to combine.
3. Reduce heat to low and add flour, continuously stirring with a wooden spoon until well combined and mixture forms a ball.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Using the wooden spoon mix in one egg at a time until all are combined.
6. Once all are combined continue mixing until mixture become glossy.
7. Transfer mixture to pastry bag fitted with a tip.
8. Pipe mixture carefully think onto the unbaked pasty bottoms, all the way to the edges.
1. In a small saucepan, combine cranberries chopped, juice of the orange, water, orange zest, and sugar over medium heat.
2. Simmer, until the fruit absorb most of the liquid.
3. Remove from heat, strain the excess juice away and set aside to cool.
1. Combine confectioner’s sugar, 1-2 tsp. of water and vanilla extract.
2. Mix until smooth.
3. Transfer to disposable decorator bag.
1. Preheat Oven to 350°.
2. Make pastry and puff and assemble.
3. Transfer sheet to preheated oven, Bake for 50mins. Until just golden brown.
4. Make Cranberry topping per instructions
5. Make Glaze per instructions.
6. Allow pastry to cool slightly. Spread small amount of glaze to hold topping on, then top with the cooled cranberry mixture.
7. Use a liberal amount of glaze crisscrossing in both directions.
8. Allow glaze to set then serve.
You'll also love
- Beach Bar Tomato Soup 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Quizno's Broccoli Cheese Soup 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Pineapple Jam - canning 3.7/5 (16 Votes)
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with... 3.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Lemon Chicken Romano 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Paula Deen's Key Lime Pie 3.9/5 (23 Votes)
- Blueberry Velvet Cake with Cream... 3.9/5 (34 Votes)
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Dump Cake 4.5/5 (4 Votes)