Chicken Souvlaki and Tzatziki Sauce on Garlic Naan
- 1/2 seedless cucumber peeled and shredded
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp dried greek oregano
- 1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken tenders cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Garlic Naan
- fixings; romaine, diced tomato, greek peppers and onions
1. Place cucumber in a strainer, sprinkle with salt and let sit for 20 minutes. Press out the liquid.
2. In a large plastic bag, combine the EVOO, half of the lemon juice, three quarters of the garlic, parsley and oregano. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, drop into the bag and marinate for 10 minutes. Scatter chicken across a broiler pan and broil, turning once, until charred and cooked thru 10 - 12 minutes.
3. Heat a griddle. In a food processor puree the cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, mint, coriander, cumin and season with pepper.
4. Splash a little water on the griddle and add the naan. Cook turning once,
5. Put chicken on the naan and top with fixings and tzatziki sauce.