Italian Christmas Cookie
- Cookie Ingredients:
- 1/2 C butter, softened
- 3/4 C white sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 C all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- Glaze Ingredients:
- 3-3/4 C confectioners sugar
- 1/2 C warm milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Adapted from facebook.com
*Before you begin adding ingredients, remove your eggs from the refrigerator to bring them to room temperature for about 1/2 hour.This will allow them to create a better consistency and more fluffy which will create a lighter less dense cookie.
• Beat your eggs for about 5 minutes in a heavy duty mixer until they are foamy and light, set them aside for later.
• Combine the flour, sugar, & baking powder on low gradually beating in your butter and vanilla extract thoroughly.
• Gradually add eggs until dough is evenly & thoroughly mixed.
• Roll your dough in to small balls about 1/3" to 1/2 " balls, remember they will expand. (Make sure dough is sticky to avoid cracking)
• Bake cookies @ 350° for 10 - 12 minutes.
• While cooking cookies combine the confectioners sugar, milk, and vanilla extract in a small bowl smooth.
• Once cookies are done place them on a cooling rack and use a spoon or bakers brush to glaze the cookies.
• Apply sprinkles while glaze is still wet so they stick.
**Feel free to FOLLOW ME. I am always posting awesome stuff!**