- Cooking spray
- 1 standard box plain white cake mix
- One 3-ounce box strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup frozen sliced strawberries in syrup, thawed
- Special equipment: two 12-cup cupcake pans
For the cupcakes: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 2 cupcake pans with cooking spray.
With an electric mixer, beat the cake mix, gelatin, oil, strawberries and a 1/2 cup water until fully combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour the batter into the prepared pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan, and then remove before icing.
For the icing: In a blender or food processor, puree the butter, sugar and strawberries for the glaze until smooth; it may take a few minutes to come together. Poke holes in the cupcakes with a toothpick, then spoon the icing over, allowing some of it to seep into the cake. Store the cupcakes, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 2 weeks.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (892 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (288 Votes)
- Raspberry Beignets with Vanilla... 4.6/5 (187 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)