VICKI KERR • Portland, Maine
This brothy soup features potatoes, carrots and corn for
a delightful entree. Since it’s not too heavy, it would
also be nice alongside sandwiches.
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons real bacon bits
1. In a large saucepan, combine the broth, potatoes, carrots
and onion. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
2. Add the corn, milk, cheese, mushrooms and pepper. Cook and stir 4-6 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with bacon.