Easy Sugar Cookies
What’s Christmas without some Christmas cookies? This is one of our favorite Christmas desserts and it’s incredibly easy to make. These easy sugar cookies are as simple as mixing the ingredients together and popping them in the oven. Once you are done, you can add any holiday flair to the cookies through the use of sprinkles, chocolate chips, or any other garnish of your choosing. Last of all, you can enjoy their delicious taste with all of your friends and family. You don’t have to spend hours cooking to create delicious dessert recipes – try out these sugar cookies, today!
- 2 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Sprinkles or chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Find a small mixing bowl and stir in the baking soda, baking powder and flour.
2. Find a larger mixing bowl and mix together the sugar and butter until smooth. Next, add the vanilla and egg and beat them in. Slowly add in the dry ingredients and blend together. Take teaspoonfuls of dough and roll into balls. Place the cookie balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Place in oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden. Once done, let cookies stand on the sheet for 2 minutes before serving.
Notes: You can use aluminum foil to keep the cookies moist and to help them cook evenly. It also helps with clean up!