Shortbread - Chocolate Butterscotch
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 8 oz dark chocolate, melted
1- Preheat oven to 300. In the mixer using paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on med high speed until light in color and fluffy, about 3 min,
2. Add vanilla, reduce speed to low, and slowly add flour and salt until just combined. Mix in butterscotch chips and stir until evenly distributed, scraping down paddle if needed.
3. Grease a 9x9 pan. Using a rubber spatula, press dough evenly into pan and refrigerate for 20 min. Score dough into eighths in one direction and quarters in the other, to make 32 rectangular cookies. Pierce dough all over with a fork.
4. Bake until firm and slightly golden brown around the edges, 50 to 60 min. Immediately cut through all scoring to separate cookies. Let cool completely in pan.
5. Remove cookies and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Dip half of each cookie in chocolate, gently scraping off any excess, and place back on baking sheet. refrigerate until chocolate is set, about 30 min. Cookies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.