German Style Schnitzel
- For sauce:
- 6 boneless park loin cutlets trimmed and pounded to 1/2 to 1/4 inch thickness
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsps.salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs(homemade or Panko)
- 2 tsps. paprika
- canola oil for saute
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/2 tsp. dried dill weed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup room temperature sour cream
Combine 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Beat eggs with milk in another shallow bowl. Mix bread crumbs and paprika in another shallow bowl.
Heat 3 tbs. oil in saute pan over medium heat.
Dip cutlets into flour, then egg mixture, then crumb mixture. Add 3 cutlets to pan and saute on both sides until brown and cooked through 3-5 minutes per side. Repeat with rest of cutlets. Keep warm.
Combine 2 tbs. of flour with dill. Add to skillet, scraping up anu browned bits. Add broth, stirring until well blended. Stir in sour cream and cook until heated. Do not boil. Serve with spatzle and cutlets