White Bean Soup Stew
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves slivered
- 2 cups chicken broth - (to 4)
- 2 cans white cannelini beans - (15 oz ea) drained, rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 5 fresh sage leaves - (to 6) snipped
- 1/2 cup snipped flat-leaf parsley leaves - (packed)
Heat the oil in a saucepan or skillet. Add the garlic and half of the beans. Mash them into the oil and cook for a few minutes. Add the broth (less if you want a stew; more if you want soup), the other can of beans and dried herbs.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes over very low heat; if melange gets too thick, add some water. Season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from heat. Stir in sage and parsley. Eat as a soup or on pasta, with bread or rice.
This recipe yields 4 servings.