Ground Beef Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 1/2 lbs ground round
- 1 (14-1/2oz.)can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 1 (10oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (6oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 (8oz.) contanier fat free sour cream
- 1 (3oz.) package Cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Preparation time 8mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook ground round in a large skillet over medium heat 8 minutes, stirring until it crumbles and is no longer pink. Stir in both cans diced tomatoes and next 4 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
Cook egg noodles in boiling salted water according to packages directions; drain. Stir together hot cooked noodles, chopped green onions, sour cream, and cream cheese until blended.
Spoon egg noodles into a lightly greased 13- x 9- inch baking dish or other similar-size. Top with beef mixture; sprinkle with shredded cheeses in order listed.
Bake, covered, in the oven for 35 minutes, Uncover and bake 5 more minutes. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
Note: Freeze assemble, unbaked casserole up to 1 month. if desired. Thaw in refrigerator overningt. Baked as diredted.