Potato Cheese Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cooled mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup melted shortening
Cooking time 25mins
Preheat oven to 400° F (200° C)
Muffin tin, greased or paper-lined
1. In a bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center.
2. In another bowl beat eggs well. Add milk, potatoes, cheese and shortening; mix well. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin, dividing evenly. Bake in preheated oven for 25 on utes or until lightly browned.
A great way to use today's leftover potatoes for tomorrow's lunch.