Chicken and Tortellini
By J. Gagliardi
- 1 pkg (9 oz) refrigerated spinach tortellini
- 1 pkg (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 bag (5 oz) baby spinach
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add tortellini and cook 7 minutes (or as per package directions).
Meanwhile, dice chicken into 1-inch pieces. Drain tortellini, reserving 1/4 cup of the cooking water.
Heat oil in a large skillet over mediumhigh heat. Sprinkle chicken with 1/8 tsp of the salt. Add to skillet and brown on all sides, 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, tomatoes, heavy cream and remaining 1/2 tsp salt. Simmer 1 minute. Add tortellini and reserved pasta water, if needed; cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with Parmesan. Grind black pepper over top.