Squash Casserole (Great)
From Southern Living, May 2010...Erica Rasmusson brought it to Christmas lunch.
- 4 LB Squash and Zucchini, Sliced
- 1 Sweet Onion, Chopped
- 1 C (4oz) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs, slightly Beaten
- 2 1/2 C Soft Fresh Breadcrumbs, Divided
- 1 1/4 C Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz)
- 2 TBS Butter, Melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook squash and onion in boiling water for about 8 minutes, or until just tender. Drain well.
Combine squash, and everything except for butter, parmesan cheese and 1 1/2 C breadcrumbs. Spoon into 13X9 pan. Combine butter, parmesan and bread crumbs... spinkle on top.
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set.