Creme Brulee Cheesecake Bars
Creme brulee meets cheesecake in this semi-homemade version of a Betty Crocker adapted recipe!
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie
- 1 box (4-serving size) French vanilla instant pudding
- and pie filling mix
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs plus 3 egg yolks
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup toffee bits, finely crushed
1.Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar, melted butter, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and 1 whole egg until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of pan.
2.In small bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add remaining whole egg, 3 egg yolks and remaining 1 1/2 teapoons vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread over crust in pan.
3.Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set in center. Immediately sprinkle top with crushed toffee bits. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator
To easily crush the toffee bits, put them in a food-safe plastic bag. Seal the bag and finely crush with a rolling pin or meat mallet
**Tastes better if refrigerated overnight!
You'll also love
- Cinnamon Roll Cheesecake Bars 4.2/5 (41 Votes)
Review this recipe