Bruschetta with Peppers & Gorgonzola
With bright bell pepper notes highlighted by bursts of salty capers and topped with zesty Gorgonzola, this bruschetta recipe is the perfect appetizer to serve at your next gathering. Salty and sweet, there is no beating the flavors of these toasty bruschettas and they pair nicely with anything from chips and dips to charcuterie.
- 2 tablespoons, plus more for toasting the bread
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced into thin strips
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons julienned fresh basil leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 baguette
- 3 ounces creamy Gorgonzola or other blue cheese, at room temperature
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 37mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the peppers and cook until soft for about 12 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the sugar and continue cooking for 2 more minutes. Stir in the capers and basil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Slice the baguette crosswise into 18 thin round slices. Brush one side of the bread rounds lightly with olive oil. Arrange them in rows, oil side up, on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper and toast in the oven until lightly browned for about 7 to 10 minutes.
Top each toast round with a teaspoonful of the pepper mixture. Place 2 small pieces of Gorgonzola on top. Return the toast to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes to warm through and melt cheese. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Barbecued Beef 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spicy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cranberry Orange Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Hash Brown Potato Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buttermilk Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mediterranean Tuna Antipasto Salad... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easy Beef Stroganoff 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Prosciutto Crostini with Lemony... 0/5 (0 Votes)