2 Duck Goose’s Sweet & Sour Pork (GOOD)
- Pork and Brussels Sprouts:
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, halved and blanched
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup potato starch
- 1 pound boneless pork butt, cut into bite-size cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for deep-frying
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into bite-size cubes
- 1 scallion, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces, for garnish
- Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Adapted from wsj.com
In a medium pot of boiling water, blanch Brussels sprouts until firm-tender, 4 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove Brussels sprouts and plunge directly into an ice-water bath. Drain and dry Brussels sprouts. Toss with ⅛ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
Meanwhile, fill a large Ziploc bag with potato starch. Add pork to starch mixture in bag, seal and shake to coat. Remove pork from bag and shake off any excess starch.
Set a deep 6-quart sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add 4 inches oil. Heat to 350 degrees, using a hot-oil thermometer to monitor temperature. (If you don’t have a thermometer, stick a chopstick into oil; when oil bubbles around chopstick, it’s ready.)
Meanwhile, Make Sweet and Sour Sauce:
In a bowl, whisk all ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
Once oil reaches 350 degrees, add pork. Cook until pork cubes float to top and are golden brown, 8-9 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer pork to a paper-towel lined plate. Season with ⅛ teaspoon salt.
In a wok or large sauté pan over medium-high heat, stir-fry blanched Brussels sprouts and pineapple cubes in 2 tablespoons canola oil until caramelized, about 12 minutes. Add fried pork and sweet and sour sauce, and cook until sauce boils and thickens, about 5 minutes. Everything should be evenly coated with sauce. Garnish with sliced scallions and season with remaining salt.
You'll also love
- Buttery Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Cocktail Sausages Asian Style 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Tater Tot... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Duck Breast with Pineapple Cherry... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chakapuli (Georgian Veal &... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Ducky Bath Baby Shower Punch 4.3/5 (45 Votes)
- Gooseberry Smoothie Recipe 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Grey Goose Citron Lemonade... 4.3/5 (33 Votes)