- SALSA CRUDA:
- 1 pound medium or large fresh shrimp shelled, deveined
- (approx. 1 1/4 lbs as purchased)
- 1 large red or yellow onion sliced
- 1 large red or yellow pepper sliced into strips
- 1 large green pepper sliced into strips
- 2 large garlic cloves pressed
- Cooking spray (optional)
- 1/3 cup S&W or other brand mesquite marinade
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 dashes chili powder - (to 3) or to taste
- 1/4 wedge fresh lime
- 4 fat-free or low-fat flour tortillas (to 6)
- (choose a brand made without lard or hydrogenated vegetable oil)
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 cup diced green tomato
- 1/2 cup diced green or red bell pepper
- 1 small yellow or purple onion diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Mix mesquite marinade with cumin, chili powder, and garlic in large bowl. Add shrimp and mix well with marinade. Allow shrimp to marinade for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Lightly spray a large non-stick or stick-resistant skillet with cooking spray and preheat on medium-high for 3 to 4 minutes. When pan is hot, add onions and peppers to skillet and stir-fry 5 to 8 minutes until onions begin to turn opaque.
Reduce heat to medium, add shrimp with marinade to skillet and stir-fry all ingredients together until shrimp are pink and firm and vegetables are tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat, squeeze with fresh lime and serve with warm flour tortillas.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Serving Suggestion: If desired fajitas can be served with Salsa Cruda, fat free sour cream and/or 1/2 oz each of grated low-fat mozzarella, Monterey Jack, or cheddar cheese.
For Salsa Cruda: Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Serve salsa at room temperature or chilled. (Makes 3 cups)
You'll also love
- Shrimp Carrot Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)