- 8 large hard-boiled eggs peeled
- 1/4 cup purchased tartar sauce
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard (such as Guldens)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Tabasco or other hot pepper sauce
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out yolks; place in small bowl. Add tartar sauce, mustard and Tabasco; mash with fork. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into egg white halves, dividing equally. Sprinkle with paprika. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill.)
This recipe yields 8 appetizer servings.