Risotto With Shrimp And Swiss Chard
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine (or additional 1/2 cup chicken broth)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 cup grated Paremesan cheese
- 1/2 pound shelled cooked shrimp
- 6 Swiss chard leaves - (to 8) shredded, blanched, and chilled
To blanch Swiss chard, bring two quarts water to full rolling boil. Place chard in water, return to a boil and boil for two minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
In six-quart pressure cooker, heat the olive oil and add the garlic and onion. Stir until wilted. Add rice and stir until all grains are coated with oil. Add the 1/2 cup of wine (or chicken broth) and stir until almost absorbed. Add 4 cups of the chicken broth (reserving 1/2 cup), salt and pepper. Place lid on pressure cooker and bring up to pressure. As soon as pressure is reached, reduce heat and time for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and use the quick relelase method to reduce pressure. Carefully remove the lid and place the cooker back on over low heat. Taste. Mixture should be creamy in texture and rice should be firm. If additional cooking time is needed, stir an additional minute or two over low heat, adding more chicken broth if necessary.
Fold in cheeese, shrimp, and Swiss chard. Serve immediately, sprinkling with additional grated cheese.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Risotto Crab Cakes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Poached Salmon With Peach And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pasta With Skate In Tomato-Basil... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Salmon With Autumn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Market Street Lobster Clambake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Crab And Spinach Soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chicken And Swiss Chard Enchilada... 0/5 (0 Votes)