Paleo Orange Vanilla Crescent Cookies
These cookies combine warm vanilla and sweet orange, then drizzled with rich chocolate! These cookies make a great addition to any holiday party or cutely wrap them up to give to a friend as a cute gift!
- 1 cup cashew flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 tablespoons organic palm oil shortening, (or coconut oil or grass-fed butter)
- 1 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, (about 1/2 an orange)
- 2 drops orange essential oil
- 1/2 teaspoon organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
COOKIES: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment or a silpat. In food processor, add all the dry ingredients and blend until finely combined.
In a stand mixer or food processor, combine the egg, palm shortening, and honey. Mix on high speed, until combined. Add in vanilla extract.
Add in half of the dry ingredients and orange zest, mix until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Mix in the rest of dry ingredients, until thoroughly combined.
Add in orange essential oil, and mix on medium speed. Scrape down sides.
Form dough into a big ball. Take a small amount of dough, and roll into a small log. Place small log on lined baking tray, and form it into a "smile" shape. Repeat until all your dough is used up.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until slightly golden on the bottom. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack.
CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE: Melt the chocolate on the stove top or microwave until thoroughly melted, stir in coconut oil.
Place cookies back on a lined baking sheet, and one by one drizzle with chocolate. Place in freezer for 5 minutes to speed up the setting of chocolate. Enjoy!
You'll also love
- Steak Tacos with Pineapple 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Beef Stew with Carrots 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Honey & Sage Brined Deep Fried... 3.8/5 (19 Votes)
- Pork and Lemon 'Polpettine'... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Pistachio-Apple Bars with Chia... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Caraway Coleslaw with Citrus... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- 5-Ingredient Beef Stew 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Hidden Valley Candied Nuts 4.8/5 (5 Votes)