Pepper Seared Tuna With Vegetables And Herb Couscous
- 1 pound yellowfin tuna steaks (1" thick albacore or bigeye tuna may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 large onion diced small
- 2/3 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon mint
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup diced yellow pepper
Preheat grill on high. In a sauce pan boil water and add couscous. Reduce heat and simmer until water is absorbed.
Heat the canola oil in a separate pan and sauté the diced vegetables until tender. Add fresh herbs. Mix the vegetables into the couscous.
Press cracked black pepper onto both sides of the tuna steaks. Brush the grill with canola oil to prevent sticking. Place the tuna steaks on the hot grill and sear each side, approximately two minutes per side for rare steaks.
For a medium-rare steak, turn the grill down to medium, after searing the steak and cook approximately 5 to 8 minutes.
For a thoroughly cooked steak, grill on medium for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or more or until the center of the steak loses its translucent color and becomes opaque. Do not overcook.
Serve tuna on a bed of the couscous and vegetable mixture.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Pasta With Skate In Tomato-Basil... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pan-Seared Salmon With Autumn... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Tuna With Orange Marinade 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Shrimp Pasta Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chinese Scallops With Angel Hair... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Macaroni Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Couscous With Spiced Almonds 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Couscous With Scallions 0/5 (0 Votes)