Loaded Up Beef Pie
This beef pie is beyond easy and the ultimate comfort food! With mashed potatoes, cheese, bacon, and veggies on top, this is a one-dish meal that will never leave you hungry.
- 1 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350º F.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, onion and breadcrumbs, and season generously with salt and pepper.
Use your hands to mix everything together, then transfer beef mixture to a pie dish and press it into the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
Fill beef “crust” with mashed potatoes and smooth out the top with the back of your spoon. Top with cheddar cheese and place in oven. Cook until beef is brown and cooked through and cheese is bubbly and forming brown spots on top.
Remove from oven, garnish with bacon, tomato and green onions, and serve hot.