Baked Beans With Mustard And Bacon
- 1/3 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups Coca-Cola or more if needed
- 3 cans assorted beans - (15 to 16 oz ea) drained (such as kidney, black and pinto beans)
- 6 bacon slices quartered crosswise
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Oil 8- by 8- by 2-inch glass baking dish.
Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl. Stir in 1 1/4 cups Coca-Cola. Add beans; stir to blend. Transfer to prepared dish. Top bean mixture with bacon pieces.
Bake until bacon is crisp and bean mixture is hot and bubbling, about 1 hour. If mixture is dry, pour 1/4 cup more Coca-Cola over bean mixture to moisten. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve.
This recipe yields 6 servings.