Hazelnut Crusted Sturgeon With Blackberry Barbecue Sauce
- BARBECUE SAUCE:
- 2 sturgeon filets
- 1 cup toasted ground hazelnuts
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup blackberry or raspberry syrup
- 1 bottle Heinz 57 Sauce - (5 oz)
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
Mix the hazelnuts and bread crumbs together. Dip the sturgeon filets in the eggs, and then dredge them in the hazelnut-bread crumb mixture.
Place the olive oil in a 12-inch sauté pan. Add the filets and cook over medium-high heat, browning on both sides. Place the uncovered pan in oven at 350 degrees for 15 minutes to complete the cooking process.
For the Barbecue Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a 2-quart saucepan and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Puree the mixture in a food processor.
Serving: Place the filets on individual serving plates and spoon the sauce over each filet. Additional sauce can also be served in individual ramekins.
This recipe yields 2 servings.