No eggs, no butter.
Any dried fruit can be substituted for the sultanas. Dark brown sugar can be used for a richer taste. If you like malt loaf, stir 2 tablespoons malt extract into the milk until dissolved and reduce sugar accordingly.
- 1 cup sultana
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 105mins
1. Soak sultanas in milk for 1 hour
2. Stir in sugar then flour
3. Pour into a greased loaf tin
4. Bake at 175°C for 45-50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean
5. Cool on a wire rack
6. Serve warm spread with butter.